Community-led development & social entrepreneurship is my passion!
Hi, I'm Aneri. I'm a first generation American currently living in Oakland with my husband and dog. I am frequently traveling the world, spending most of my travel time in Uganda and India. I grew up in Raleigh, NC and received my Bachelors at the University Of North Carolina - Chapel Hill in International Studies and received my Masters from the London School of Economics in Environment and Development.
I'm a serial social entrepreneur with prior experience living in 6 different countries. My expertise is on market-led development and innovation for sustainable technologies, and marketing the same technologies for rural last-mile communities. The technologies I have worked on include off-grid renewable energy, improved cookstoves, fuel briquettes, water filtration, WiFi deployments, wearables, and low-bandwidth mobile applications in over 15 countries in Africa and Asia. Other areas of expertise include:
- Technology adoption in emerging markets - if we build it, will they come?
- Business and Skills Training for low-income populations
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Last Mile Sales and Business Development
- Clean Energy Technology and Sector Wide Networks
- Facilitating and hosting thematic workshops, seminars, and ideation sessions
- Overall program and project management