Using technology to solve social problems is my passion!
Hi, I'm Aneri. I'm a first generation American currently living in Oakland with my husband, baby, and dog. I grew up in Raleigh, NC and received my Bachelors at the University Of North Carolina - Chapel Hill in International Studies and received my Masters from the London School of Economics in Environment and Development. My favorite activities include walking through forests, scoping out the best vegan and vegetarian restaurants, and reading non-fiction.
I'm a serial social entrepreneur with prior experience living in 6 different countries. My expertise is on market-led development and innovation for sustainable impact technologies, and marketing the same technologies for rural last-mile communities. The technologies I have worked on include off-grid renewable energy, improved cookstoves, fuel briquettes, water filtration, WiFi deployments, wearables, and low-bandwidth mobile applications in over 15 countries in Africa and Asia. I'm most passionate about climate technologies, but am also excited to support any innovation that can demonstrably reduce poverty and protect the environment. Other areas of expertise include:
- Technology adoption among marginalized populations - if we build it, will they come?
- Business and Skills Training for low-income populations
- Enabling women leaders
- Business Development & Partnerships
- Clean Energy Technology and Sector Wide Networks
- Facilitating and hosting thematic workshops, seminars, and ideation sessions
- Overall program and project management